An Orientation process is provided at Bonkers Beat Aspendale once the bond and enrolment fee have been paid.
Orientation takes place from 9.30am to 11.00am daily, so you and your child can experience the day at Bonkers Beat Aspendale and hopefully be part of one of our wonderful music sessions with Bonkers the Monkey.
Some tips for successful settling in:
- Familiarise your child with the environment and the people, both children and adults.
- Ease your child into care with shorter stays.
- Provide a favourite toy, blanket or comforter to support your child to help your child feel more secure.
- If your child is unsettled, short visits with you helps your child to gain trust with the new environment.
- Talk at home about child care, mention the names of the staff and other children, and discuss the fun things your child will be able to do at child care.
- Interactions between staff and parents or staff and other children can be reassuring and establish trust in new settings.
- Talk to the staff about your child – What they enjoy doing? What settles them to sleep? Which foods do they like and dislike? This helps staff to get to know your child.
- When leaving your child make sure you say goodbye and then leave. Hesitating after you have said your goodbyes only confuses them.
- At first some children protest strongly while others may take a day or two to realise that you are leaving them and begin to protest after several days. Children soon learn that you do return and in the mean time they are well cared for.
For more information about enroling your child at Bonkers Beat Music Kinder and Childcare in Aspendale phone 03 9587 8786.
You can also arrange a visit to the centre to see the facilities and speak with the staff about any questions you may have. Call to make an appointment – 03 9587 8786.